A great run of form for TORONADO
June 6, 2019
Over the past month, TORONADO's two crops of racing age have been highlighted by many successes:
- 2-year-old LEVANT was the first of TORONADO's second crop to score, decisively winning on her debut at Tarbes on the 10th May, for trainer JC Rouget. She is owned and bred by Al Shaqab Racing.
- The previous day at Maisons-Laffitte, the 3-year-old WASMYA opened her scorecard on just her second start in a 1,400m maiden. She was also bred by Al Shaqab Racing, and runs in those colours. She is trained by FH Graffard.
- In Germany on the 6th May, another 3-year-old, REVELSTOKE, won over 1,400m at Mülheim. Owned by Australian Bloodstock and bred by R F & S D Knipe, he held an entry in the German Classics.
- POETIC MOTION was breaking her maiden at Bath racecourse on 15th May, for the training of J Boyle. She is owned and bred by The In Recovery Partnership.
- 3-year-old WATAN was performing in blacktype company, finishing a close third in the King Charles II Stakes LR at Newmarket on 18th May. Trained by R Hannon, the handsome colt is also a homebred for the Al Shaqab Racing stable, just like DRIVEN who broke her maiden at Salon de Provence on the same day, for the training of F Rohaut.
- A Godolphin-owned 3-year-old bred by Wellsummers Farm, GLOBAL HEAT also passed the post first at Ripon racecourse on 19th May, after 3 places on his first three starts, for the training of S Bin Suroor.
- JC Rouget-trained TAOS kept his record going with a Listed victory in the Derby du Midi LR at Bordeaux on 25th May. Bred by B & T Jeffroy, TAOS is owned by Martin Schwartz Racing. One day earlier, TOROSERY, owned by Mr Sedrati, scored for the 3rd time in a row when winning the Prix Maya at Anfa, Morocco.
- The W Haggas-trained LISTEN TO THE WIND confirmed her consistency with a second win in 4 career starts, when a 2 lengths victor at Yarmouth. She is owned by Sh Rashid D Al Maktoum and was bred by Macha Bloodstock & Ptn.
- Two more two-year-olds broke their maiden in good style, with an impressive victory from the Al Shaqab homebred TORO STRIKE on his second run at Thirsk on 3rd June for the training of R Fahey, while the next day MRS BOUQUET scored at first asking at Newcastle. Trained by M Johnston, MRS BOUQUET was bred by Hatford Enterprises and is owned by G Freyne.
TORONADO remains consistently within the top 5 leading second crop sires and also ranks high in the European Leading Sires of 3-year-olds list.